Her neighbour’s dog had got into her garden, jumped onto the table and was looking at her baby.
Mrs Cousins ran to the table, picked up her baby in her arms, ran inside and shut the door.
2. and 连接多个谓语动词时通常放于最后两个动词之间。如果不是位于最后两个动词之间而是位于其前面两个动词之间。那么，这时最好那个动词就需要变形。
e.g. The spy got angry and killed her, ____ that she would communicate his secret to others.
A. to fear B. the be fearing C. feared D. fearing
In the stone Age, we ran away from beasts as fast as we could, ____ and then ran again to catch dinner.
A. to rest B. resting C. rested D. had rested
3. and 连接两个宾语从句，这时and后的that不可省略。
e.g. He told me he would give up his job ____ he would leave the next day.
A. and B. and that C. or D. or that 答案：B
4. and 连接两个定语从句，and后面的引导词不可省略。
e.g. This is the paper ____ I read every day and ____ I find so interesting.
A. /; / B. which; / C. /; which D. which; whose 答案：C
5. and 连接的并列句与其它句型的区别和转换。
e.g. ⑴ He sat in the sofa, reading a newspaper.
= He sat in the sofa and read a newspaper.
?????⑵ Study hard and you’ll succeed in time.
= If you study hard, you’ll succeed in time.
⑶ __D__ more time, and we’ll do the work better.
__B/C__, we’ll do the work better.
A. Give B. Given C. If you give us D. Give us
⑷ He has three sons and the oldest of them is a doctor.
= He has three sons, the oldest of whom is a doctor.
e.g. “Where is the bus?” I asked myself, I was going to be late __21__ the manager wasn’t going to be __22__.
21. A. as B. but C. and D. or
22. A. pleased B. worried C. sorry D. patient
答案：21. C 22. A
1.The manager of the restaurant was called John, and ____ back, I realized that he wasn’t a very good restaurant manager.
A. looked B. to look C. looking D. look
2. The director insisted the plan ____ reasonable and we ____ .
A. was; carry it out B. were; carried it out
C. was; carried it out D. be; carry it out
3. ____, and we’ll arrive in Hangzhou.
A. Another hour B. An hour later C. After an hour D. In an hour
4. He told me that he had bought a music tape and ____ buy another one the next week.
A. he will B. that he would C. he should D. he was going to
5. The boys sat under a tree chatting and seeing their teacher, ____ up in no time.
A. to stand B. standing C. stood D. would stand
6. You’ll know how time flies when you are having fun and ____ when you are bored.
A. pushes B. drags C. comes D. runs
7. During the examination we are supposed to study in our seats, keep our eyes on our work, ____ to anyone.
A. instead of speaking B. rather than speak
C. and not speak D. but would not speak
8. “Dear Frank, when will our wedding be?”
“Ah, when? God knows!” he said, and ____ away from her, walked rapidly away.
A. turning B. turned C. turn D. to turn
9. 改错 Suddenly a large rat rushed out of the hole, ran across the garden and disappearing into some waste ground behind the garden.
答案：1—5 CAABC 6—8 BCA 9. and后面的disappearing 改为disappeared《高中英语语法-连词and的作用》由出国留学编辑精心为您学习英语准备.liuxue86.com