Most adults（成年人） once studied at school, had classes and did their homework everyday. The same __1__ is going on at school now. __2__ it seems that doing weekend homework is __3__ problem for the modern students.
All the students agree that weekend homework should be abolished （取消）. It's __4 __ for them studying at school five days a week. They have a lot of interests. With homework to do on Saturday and Sunday, when can they find __ 5__ to help around the house, go and see a football or basketball game or a good film, join in family recreations （娱乐） ,or just have __ 6_ at home? Because of these other activities, the homework can't be finished until 7 . So their weekend homework is usually done in such a hurry that on Monday teachers are 8 and often threaten （威胁） to fail the whole class of students because they know nothing about the __9 . If there was no weekend homework for the students to do, they would be happy to go to school on Monday 10 having a good rest and to learn what the teachers teach.
1. A. thing B. school C. class D. homework
2. A. Also B. But C. Still D. Though
3. A. no B. another C. one D. other
4. A. not enough B. enough C. no good D. no use
5. A. friends B. time C. places D. money
6. A. a rest B. an exam C. a lesson D. a picnic
7. A. Monday afternoon B. Saturday afternoon
C. Friday night D. Sunday night
8. A. pleased B. sorry C. unhappy D. not worried
9. A. lesson B. games C. interests D. activities
10.A. until B. when C. before D. after
解析：首句“All the students agree that weekend homework should be abolished”提供了本段的中心思想，为下面的选项做铺垫。
6. “have a rest” 休息，在家应该为休息。
9. 学生不知道的应该是lesson,而不是games, activities and interests。
Bill likes football very much, and he often goes to watch matches in our 1 on Sundays. He doesn't get the best seats, 2 they are very 3 and he doesn't see his friends there.
There was a big football match in our town last Sunday. 4 , it was very cold and cloudy, but then the sun 5 , and it was very hot.
There were a lot of people on benches （凳子） 6 Bill at the match. Bill was on one bench, and there was a fat man on a bench 7 him. At first the fat man felt cold, __8 then he felt very hot. He took his coat off and put it in front of him, but it fell on Bill's head. Bill was not angry. He took the coat 9 his head, looked at it and then laughed and said,“Thank you ... but 10 are the trousers?”
1. A. village B. country C. town D. home
2. A. so B. if C. because D. but
3. A. dear B. cheap C. nice D. near
4. A. At that time B. Then C. At first D. First
5. A. was shining B. shining C. shone D. shines
6. A. in front of B. behind C. round D. near
7. A. behind B. beside C. over D. by
8. A. why B. but C. and D. so
9. A. away B. from C. on D. off
10. A. how B. when C. where D. whose
解析：1. 单独看此句，A、B、C三个答案都有可能，但根据短文第二段第一句There was a big football match in our town last Sunday的提示确定为C。
4. 根据下句but then the sun shone的提示确定是C，否则有可能选A。
9. take...off his head意为“从头上拿下”，根据语义答案C显然不对，away是副词，后面不能接宾语。此外也可用take...away from,故答案为D。
（2）因搭配关系而产生的一般性词汇。如：see a film
（3）词序和意义皆以固定的复合词和动词短语。如：push ahead with（奋力前行）。
（4）因词组而构成的常见的句式：It feels+形容词+不定式，在搭配判断时，注意：要区别外形相近而意义不同的搭配。如：look for, look over, look out, look after, look up等。要区别形不相似而意义相近的搭配。如：I paid 12 pounds for the dictionary. The book cost me a lot. It took three men to lift the box.句中都有“付出、花费、需要”的意思。译成汉语时似乎相通。但更要注意它们之间的搭配变化；要注意单个词组的多义性。如：take off有“脱下（衣服），（飞机）起飞，匆匆离开，取下，休假”等多种含意。
People worry about that they often lose their keys. Now if you forget 1 your key is, you can find it quickly.
Let's read the following. Yesterday Mr. Smith 2 his key in the room.“Where is my key?”he said to himself .He didn't know 3_ . He thought hard and 4 had an idea.“Hello!”he said in a loud voice.“Hello!”a voice came from inside the drawer of the desk. He was 5 to hear that. He hurried to the desk and pulled the drawer 6 .To his pleasure, he 7 out the key from the drawer. What is all 8 ??
So, that is a new 9 invented in America. There is an integrated circuit（集成电路） and a very small speaker built in it. It can tell its 10 voice in no more than nine metres.
1. A. what B. where C. how D. which
2. A. took B. got C. brought D. lost
3. A. what to do B. how to do C. when to find D. where to go
4. A. when B. while C. then D. than
5. A. surprised B. interesting C. angry D. sorry
6. A. closed B. up C. down D. open
7. A. put B. took C. looked D. tried
8. A. in B. at C. about D. off
9. A. key B. drawer C. desk D. house
10. A. desk's B. owner's C. man's D. woman's
3. 从语意角度选what to do，答案应选A。
5. 选be surprised to do sth.的结构，答案应选A。
6. 要理解pull sth. open（拉开），push sth. closed（推上），lift sth. up（举高），take sth. down（取下），答案应选D。
7. 选take out（拿出），排除put out（扑灭、熄灭），look out（向外看，当心），try out（试验看看），答案应选B。
8. 选about，如：What is all about? 这一切是怎么回事呢? 答案应选C。
In China, most people's names have 1 parts, the 2 names and the family names. One person may have 3 names. For example, when they are very 4 at home, they usually have 5 names. In school and society they use their 6 names. If someone is a writer, he or she has a pen name. Now young couple （夫妇） become very 7 when they name their child. 8 the names have special meanings. Some show their parents' 9 .Girl's names show that their parents want them to be nice. Boy's names are often 10 to the country.
1. A. one B. two C. three D. four
2. A. first B. middle C. family D. given
3. A. many B. one C. different D. same
4. A. young B. old C. at work D. at school
5. A. formal B. pet C. pen D. informal
6. A. formal B. pet C. pen D. informal
7. A. careful B. carefully C. angry D. happy
8. A. both B. both of C. only D. most of
9. A. idea B. wishes C. hope D. thought
10. A. bad B. hard C. useful D. beautiful
2. 根据此句的语义显然答案不是C。英美人姓名一般由三部分组成，即first name, middle name和family name,中国人的姓名由姓和名两部分组成，即family name和given name,故选D。
4. 根据此句的语义和下文In school and society的提示，可知此处意为“上学前”、“小时候”，故选A。
5. 根据中国人的习惯，孩子上学前一般都有小名，即pet names，故选B。
Mother's Day is a 1 for mothers. It is celebrated in the United States, England, India and __2 countries. In a short time, it becomes widely celebrated. Mother's Day 3 on the second Sunday in May. On that day, many people 4 gifts of love to their mothers.
In China, people do the same on the day for mothers. And, in some cities, people sometimes ask 5 to be broadcast（广播） on the radio for his or her mother only. 6 might cost a little money, 7 ,as it is said,“ 8 is invaluable（无价的）.”
On May 8,1999,just the day before the Mother's Day that year, a Chinese __9 __was killed in a criminal bombing（罪恶轰炸） in Yugoslavia（南斯拉夫）.Her name is Shao Yunhuan, a __10__,who wrote lots of articles（文章） for Chinese newspapers. All the Chinese will remember her for ever.
（ ） 1.A.day B. holiday C. weekend D. thank
（ ） 2.A.the other B. any other C. some other D. another
（ ） 3.A.lasts B. holds C. makes D. falls
（ ） 4.A.put B. send C. write D. post
（ ） 5.A.a present B. a song C. some flowers D. some clothes
（ ） 6.A.This B. These C. She D. They
（ ） 7.A.but B. though C. then D. so
（ ） 8.A.Monday B. Time C. Love D. Hate
（ ） 9.A.boy B. girl C. father D. mother
（ ） 10.A.worker B. reporter C. doctor D. teacher
We live in the “computer age”.Just 41 years 11 ，computers couldn't do much. They were very big and expensive. They used a lot of energy （能量）.Only 12 people were interested 13 them. Today computers are smaller and cheaper. They can do 14__ difficult work.
Computers become important 15 many reasons （原因）.They work faster than man and make few mistakes. They can “remember” much information. A computer can do millions of problems 16 a few seconds. A person might 17 years to work out so many problems.
People now use computers in nearly every kind of work. Computers are very useful and the use of computers 18 growing. More computers mean more jobs for people, because people __19 to run and mend them. Would you like to learn 20 to run a computer?
（ ） 11. A. early B. ago C. late D. after
（ ） 12. A. few B. little C. a few D. a little
（ ） 13. A. in B. with C. on D. by
（ ） 14. A. and B. so C. but D. or
（ ） 15. A. in B. by C. for D. on
（ ） 16. A. with B. on C. at D. in
（ ） 17. A. need B. get C. want D. make
（ ） 18. A. are B. is C. has D. have
（ ） 19. A. may B. must C. should D. need
（ ） 20. A. why B. what C. how D. when
Market is a place we get food from. My 21 goes there every day.
Two or three __22 ago, I went with her to a 23 near our home. When we went inside, I saw the ground was 24 and a lot of people were doing 25 there. It was very noisy because so many people were speaking 26 . The sellers and the people were very __27__.There were many vegetables, fishes, and a lot of meat there. My mother 28 to buy some of them, but there were too many people. We had to wait for some time 29 we bought all the food we needed. Now everything in the market is much 30 than before.
（ ） 21. A. father B. mother C. sister D. friend
（ ） 22. A. days B. hours C. years D. times
（ ） 23. A. market B. shop C. place D. cinema
（ ） 24. A. clean B. empty C. full D. wet
（ ） 25. A. cooking B. shopping C. reading D. washing
（ ） 26. A. at the same time B. all the same C. all the day D. at times
（ ） 27. A. happy B. strange C. busy D. sorry
（ ） 28. A. asked B. tried C. liked D. helped
（ ） 29. A. after B. soon C. if D. until
（ ） 30. A. bigger B. higher C. better D. finer
Vitamins（维生素） are a discovery of this century. A hundred years 31 , no one knew anything 32 them. The vitamins are 33 by letters of alphabet. Vitamin A 34 by the eyes. There is Vitamin A in milk, butter and green vegetables. It 35 by the body.
Vitamin B must be supplied （提供） 36 by some of our food. The skins 37 grains of all sorts have Vitamin B in them.?
Vitamin C is very important 38 the body. Without it 39 teeth will become loose and their arms and legs become weak. Oranges and tomatoes 40 Vitamin C in them.
There are other vitamins. But these A,B,C are the most important.
（ ） 31. A. before B. front C. ago D. ahead
（ ） 32. A. about B. of C. in D. for
（ ） 33. A. naming B. named C. is named D. names
（ ） 34. A. needs B. need C. is needed D. was needed
（ ） 35. A. stores B. be stored C. can store D. can be stored
（ ） 36. A. times B. in not time C. all the time D. any times
（ ） 37. A. of B. to C. on D. in
（ ） 38. A. for B. at C. with D. to
（ ） 39. A. people B. peoples' C. people's D. peoples
（ ） 40. A. has B. have C. there is D. there are