21. Kate is a kind girl. _________ often helps us learn English.
A. I B. You C. She D. We
22. —What time do you usually get up, Rick?
—I usually get up _________ five o’clock.
A. in B. at C. on D. for
23. —_________ is the bike?
—Just $ 150.
A. How much B. How many C. How long D. How often
24. It’s a beautiful, sunny day! There _________ many people here on vacation.
A. be B. am C. is D. are
25. Tom is strong and he _________ to school every day.
A. walked B. walks C. will walk D. has walked
26. —Excuse me. _________ is the park?
—It’s on the Center Street.
A. What B. Which C. How D. Where
27. —Would you like something to drink, _________ or coffee?
A. tea B. fruit C. bread D. meat
28. English is not easy, _________ I like it very much.
A. so B. if C. but D. or
29. Sam isn’t _________ than Ben. They are the same.
A. tall B. taller C. tallest D. the tallest
30. All my classmates want _________ something for the 2008 Olympics.
A. do B. doing C. to do D. done
31. —Hi, Jim, _________ you come to my party?
—Sorry, I can’t. I have to do my homework.
A. can B. may C. need D. must
32. I like the music _________ I can dance to.
A. that B. whose C. when D. how
33. Mary is _________ and she often makes her classmates laugh.
A. shy B. pretty C. busy D. funny
34. —Could you please tell me _________?
—Go upstairs and turn left.
A. what is the teacher’s office
B. what the teacher’s office is
C. where is the teacher’s office
D. where the teacher’s office is
35. I can’t _________ which pair of jeans to buy. They both look good on me.
A. like B. prefer C. decide D. follow
How’s it going? I hope that grandpa is well now. I was sorry to hear that he had a 36 last week. I hope you are in 37 health.
Things are fine here. I finished my end-of-year 38 last week, and got my report card today. I always 39 nervous when I see the envelope 40 school in the mail, but luckily I did OK this time. I 41 a really hard time with science this semester, and I wasn’t surprised to find that my 42 report was from my science teacher. She said I was lazy, which isn’t true. It’s just that I find 43 really difficult. Another disappointing result was in history. My history teacher said I could do better. The good news is that 44 math teacher said I was hard-working. And my Spanish teacher said my listening was good. Well, that’s all the news I have for now. Mom and Dad 45 their love.
（ ）36. A. cold B. lesson C. picnic D. party
（ ）37. A. pity B. poor C. bad D. good
（ ）38. A. exercise B. homework C. exams D. questions
（ ）39. A. get B. do C. take D. let
（ ）40. A. on B. from C. about D. in
（ ）41. A. made B. had C. put D. kept
（ ）42. A. longest B. easiest C. best D. worst
（ ）43. A. Chinese B. science C. P.E. D. English
（ ）44. A. his B. your C. my D. her
（ ）45. A. send B. bring C. start D. tell
A Health Club—Dragon
Dragon is a Health Club. It is a great place, fun and friendly.
Let’s play basketball. 3:00 p.m.—10:00 p.m.
It’s really cool. 4:00 p.m.—12:00 p.m.