Mr. Johnson had a factory. He once 1 on TV that animals could be taught to 2 some work for people if they were given 3 to eat. He loved the idea. He thought it would be 4 to have a dog look after his 5 and an elephant do some heavy jobs 6 his factory. He bought a dog 7 an elephant in the market and decided to teach them to do some work for him. Of course. he 8 bought a lot of food for them. Several months later，the dog and the elephant 9 fatter and fatter，but they 10 do any work for him. At last，Mr. Johnson had to give up.
1. A. saw B. asked C. met
2. A. make B.do C. 1et
3. A. someone B.nothing C. something
4. A. bad B. good C. 1ate
5. A. house B. shirt C. eyes
6. A. in B. above C. under
7. A. but B. or C. and
8. A. also B. never C. yet
9. A. smelt B. sounded C. became
10. A. mustn’t B. couldn’t C. shouldn’t
(Keys：1. A 2. B 3. C 4. B 5. A 6. A 7. C 8. A 9. C 10. B)
At our school, we sometimes have a special day to help others. Last year we went to an old people’s 1 and sang songs and performed a play for 2 . The old people were very 3 . We should be allowed to take time to do things like that more often. For example, we should 4 primary schools and help 5 young students. I want to be a teacher 6 I’m older so it would be a great experience for me. Other students would like to do other jobs. For example, my friend Tian Ge wants to 7 for a newspaper. She should be allowed to volunteer at the newspaper office once a week.
1. A. home B. bank C. shop D. river
2. A. us B. them C. him D. her
3. A. great B. angry C. smart D. happy
4. A. buy B. have C. visit D. build
5. A. tell B. ask C. teach D. find
6. A. how B. when C. where D. why
7. A. write B. wait C. look D. pay
首句At our school, we sometimes have a special day to help others.有提纲挈领之效，简明扼要地提示我们，作者的学校有一个特殊的日子，那就是帮助别人献爱心的日子。有助于我们理解全文。甚至让我们毫不犹豫地确认1空应添单词home.
(Keys：1. A 2. B 3. D 4. C 5. C 6. B 7. A)
Shirley Yeats is certainly a very brave woman! At the age of sixty-seven, she 1 to take a trip round the coast(海岸) of Malaysia. Everything was fine 2 one day, as she was going back to her room on the 3 , she saw smoke coming out of another room. She 4 the captain from her room at once and told him about the fire. Then she went up on deck(甲板) to see 5 she could do to help. The fire spread(蔓延) very quickly and soon 6 was completely out of control. The captain decided to get all the passengers out as 7 as possible.
1. A. stopped B. usedC. had D. decided
2. A. since B. afterC. until D. before
3. A. way B. shipC. land D. road
4. A. phoned B. toldC. asked D. ordered
5. A. if B. howC. what D. where
6. A. she B. heC. that D. it
7. A. quickly B. muchC. well D. usually
1.由上下文可知她决定去旅游，decided to do sth.意为“决定做某事”。
4.由下文的from her room可知她马上打电话将情况告诉了船长。
6.由上文的The fire spread very quickly,可知大火无法控制了。
7. as quickly as意为“尽快地”
(Keys： 1. D 2. C 3. B 4. A 5. C6. D 7. A)
My son Joey was born with club feet. The doctors said that with treatment he would be able to walk, but would never run very well. The first three years of his life was 1 in hospital. By the time he was eight, you wouldn’t know he has a problem when you saw him 2 .
Children in our neighborhood always ran around 3 their play, and Joey would jump
and ran and play, 4 . We never told him that he probably wouldn’t be 5 to run like the other children. So he didn’t know.
In 6 grade he decided to join the school running team. Every day he trained. He ran more than any of the others, 7 only the top seven runners would be chosen to run for the 8 . We didn’t tell him he probably would never make the team, so he didn’t know.
He ran four to five mile every day - even when he had a fever. I was 9 , so I went to 10 him after school. I found him running 11 . I asked him how he felt. “Okay,” he said. He has two more miles to go. Yet he looked straight ahead and kept 12 .
Two weeks later, the names of the team 13 were caked. Joey was number six on the list. Joey had 14 the team. He was in seventh grade - the other six team members were all eighth graders. We never told him he couldn’t do it … so he didn’t know. He just 15 it.
1. A. spent B. taken C. cost D. paid
2. A. talk B. sit C. study D. walk
3. A. after B. before C. during D. till
4. A. either B. too C. though D. yet
5. A. able B. sorry C. glad D. afraid
6. A. sixth B. seventh C. eighth D. ninth
7. A. so B. if C. then D. because
8. A. neighborhood B. familyC. school D. grade
9. A. excited B. tiredC. pleased D. worried
10. A. think about B. hear fromC. agree with D. look for
11. A. alone B. away C. almost D. already
12. A. riding B. walkingC. playing D. running
13. A. jumpers B. runnersC. doctors D. teachers
14. A. got B. kept C. made D. found
15. A. did B. had C. left D. took
(Keys：1. A 2. D 3. C 4. B 5. A 6. B 7. D 8. C 9. D 10. D 11. D 12. D 13. B 14. C 15. D)《三十五个经典句型帮你过英语写作关》由英语编辑整理,更多请访问:https://www.liuxue86.com/english/