Period: The Third Period
Properties: Tape-recorder, Overhead projector
1. Knowledge aim
Enable the students to grasp the usage of indefinite pronouns.
2. Ability aim
Retell the whole story in your own words.
3. Emotion aim
Love our Country, love Taiwan Island and Hainan Island.
Language Focus: Indefinite pronouns＝anything / something / nothing / everything, nobody / anybody / somebody / everybody, anyone / someone / everyone, anywhere / somewhere / everywhere
a) Organizing the class
1. Ask the students to get ready for class.
2. Greetings between the students and the teacher.
3. A duty report.
Call two or three students to talk about the text learned in the last period, using their own words.
1. Help the students to use their imagination to think: What happened to the children’s picnic basket? Are they alone on the island?
2. Ask the students to talk about the picture at the top of page 23.
d) Dialogue practise
1. Play the tape for the dialogue and ask the students to repeat each sentence they hear.
2. Ask the students to read the dialogue after the tape.
3. Pair work: Ask the students to work in pairs and make dialogues with the given words in the box.
4. Point out “anything” “something” “nobody” and “somebody” and ask the students to find out how to use them.
5. Help the students to make sentences with the indefinite pronouns.
6. Ask the students to recite the dialogue in pairs.
e) Puzzle dialogue
1. Ask the students to finish the puzzle dialogues exercises by themselves.
2. Check the answers with the students.
f) Teaching language points
The ice is too thin for us to skate on.
It’s never too old to learn.
2. solve problems: answer questions
Can you solve these problems?
3. sooner or later
Sooner or later, you’ll realize the importance of English.
Sooner or later, you’ll be glad of it.
g) Read and say
1. Play the tape and ask the students to repeat each sentence they hear.
2. Ask the students to suppose they were the people in the picture at the bottom of Page 23 and make a dialogue.
3. Ask the students to read the dialogue after the tape.
1. Finish exercises on page 87.
2. Make a dialogue, using the affirmative, interrogative and negative forms of indefinite pronouns.
3. Recite the first dialogue of Lesson 75.
( ) 1. The children are not alone.
A. by themselves B. lonely C. happy
( ) 2. There’s nobody else on the island.
A. not anybody B. somebody C. everybody
( ) 3. Who can solve this problem?
A. difficulty B. question C. answer
( ) 4. No one is sick.
A. fine B. ill C. sad
( ) 5. Sooner or later, you’ll find it somewhere.
A. Soon B. Later C. Someday in the future
Keys: 1. A 2. A 3. A 4. B 5. C《小学六年级英语教案——A visit to an island Lesson 75》由出国留学编辑精心为您学习英语准备.liuxue86.com