1. After he gave a report about the school, Mr White____ the visitors around it.
A. went on to show B. went on showing C. went on with showing D. kept on showing
2. -- Tom works hard at English.?-- _____, and _____.
A. So does he; so you do B. So you do; so is he C. So he will; so do you D. So he does; so do you
3. When you write to him, please _____ him.
A. give my loves to B. give my regard to C. remember me to D. give my wishes for
4. We have done things we ought not to have done and_____ undone things we ought to have done.
A. left B. leave C. will leave D. leaving
5. People are puzzled _____ they read the book.
A. the first time B. at the first time C. for the first time D. at first
6. In some countries,_____ are called "public schools" are not owned by the state.
A. that B. which C. as D. what
7. -- The boy is tall enough _____ his age. --Yes, I was much _____ when I was his age.
A. to; shorter B. at; taller C. at; shorter D. for; shorter
8. --Who are you waiting for? -- _____ the man wounded in the left leg.
A. The doctor will operate on B. Tie nurse to be looked after
C. The doctor to operate on D. His brother got
9. --How did you _____ the movie last night? --Oh, both interesting and instructive.
A. find B. consider C. think D. feel
10. With his son _____, the old man felt unhappy.
A. to disappoint B. to be disappointed C. disappointing D. being disappointed
11. The food tastes _____ and sells _____.
A. well; well B.good; good C. good; well D.well; good
12. The sun was shining brightly, _____ everything there _____ more beautiful.
A. making; look B. to make; looked C. and made; looking D. and making; be looked
13. It' s too late to go out now. _____, it's starting to rain.
A. Besides B. Meanwhile C. However D. Anyhow
14. Everybody in the little town knew my first teacher, so we had no ____ finding his home.
A. difficulties in B. difficulty with C. difficulty D. difficulty to
15. I can't understand it, will you please _____ once more?
A. explain that word B. repeat that word C. explain us that word D. explain that word for us
16. --How often do you go to the library?--______.
A. In two days B. Every few days C. Each third day D. Every a few days
17. We are just _____ calling you up _____ you come in.
A. about; when B. on the point of; while C. on the point of; when D. on the point of; as
18. --They all agree _____ George. Has the project been passed?
--Who _____ George can make the final decision?
A. except; expect B. except; besides C. but; but D. besides; but
19. I come to tell you Jack _____ for London next month.
A. is leaving B. is about to leave C. will leave D. would leave
20. You can say "He went there _____, not _____."
A. on the car; by car B.on foot; in his car C. by foot; by car D.in his car; by his foot
21. Jack is a good friend _____, he often comes to our home for a visit.
A. of my father B. of my father's C. for my father D. with my father
22. What way are you thinking of _____ rid of the flies?
A. to get B. getting C. being got D. to be getting
23. We must do something to _____ factories _____waste water into the river before it is cleaned.
A. stop; pouring . B. prevent; to pour C. keep; pouring D. stop; to pour
24. "_____ of them are not here." means "_____ of them are not here."
A. All; Some B. Both; Every C. Both; Neither D. All; Both
25. --How did you do in the test?
--Not so well. I _____ much better but I misread the directions for Part D.
A. could do B. could have done C. must have done D. should do
26. Mary cares about clothes too much, and she _____ too much money _____ clothes.
A. spend; in B.cost; at C. pays; to D. spends; on
27. Our kind teacher wanted to teach us _____ he knew athis lesson.
A. that B. all what C. that all D. everything which
28. They started early that morning in order that they_____ there before noon.
A. would get B. got C. must get D. might get
29. Is this research center _____ the foreign guests visited last week?
A. that B. which C. where D. the one
30.--What is the model plane look like? --Well, the wings of the plane are _____ of its body.
A. more than the length twice B. twice more than the length
C. more than twice the length D. more twice than the length
31. The enemy troop suddenly took the small village by surprise _____ a rainy morning.
A. on B. at C. in D. during
32. This is the school _____ they visited last year and is the one _____ my father once worked.
A. that; where B. where; that C. where; where D. that; that
33. The college entrance examination is coming, the students are _____ it.
A. preparing B. prepared for C. prepared D. preparing for
34. The task was very hard, so _____ were needed.
A. ten more men B. ten men more C. more ten men D. men more ten
35. He wanted to read more, so he asked his friend if there was _____ to read.
A. something easy enough B. something enough easy
C. enough easy something D. easy enough something
36. The room is very large and only little room _____ by the new piano.
A. are taken up B. takes up C. is taken up D. is taking up
37. What _____ time it is to listen to a speech having nothing to do with you!
A. waste B. wastes C. a waste of D. a waste for
38. _____ your help, we have _____.
A. Thanks to, finished B. Thanks to, ended C. Thanks for, finished D. Thanks for, completed
39. When and where to build the new factory _____ yet.
A. is not decided B. are not decided C. has not decided D. have not decided
40. It is necessary ___ me ___my studies before a new term.
A. for, to make a plan for B. of, making a plan for
C. for, to make a plan of D. of, making a plan of
41. He _____ the club and _____ its activities.
A. took part in; joined B. joined; took part in
C. joined; took a part in D. took part in; took part in
42. The noble man prefers ___money to him ___sorry to him.
A. giving; to saying B. giving; to say C. give; to say D. to give; to saying
43. To gain honor for our country, we will try our best_____ the game.
A. competing in B. competing against C. to compete with D. to compete in
44. Tom was so angry with Bob that he hit _____.
A. Bob in the head B. Bob's head C. Bob on the head D. on Bob's head
45. _____ at the news that I didn't know what to say to comfort her.
A. So sad she looked B. So sad did she look C. So sadly she looked D. So sadly did she look
46. Only a fool enjoys _____ in public.
A. making fun of B. to make fun of C. being made fan of D. to be made fan of
47. Our English teacher _____ by the teachers and students.
A. is good thought of B. is thought high of C. is sung highly praise for D. is spoken highly of
48. I like ______ of the two stories, for this story is _____ than that one.
A. both; not more interesting B. neither; no more interesting
C. neither; not more interesting D. either; no more interesting
49. You'd better make a mark _____ you have any questions.
A. at which B. at where C. the place D. where
50. The stubborn boy didn't _____ so that he missed the chance.
A. take advice B. follow an advice C. give some advice D. ask for advice《2010中考英语单项填空100题》由英语编辑整理,更多请访问:https://www.liuxue86.com/english/