1. She reached the top of the hill and stopped _______ on a big rock.
A. to have rested B. resting
C. to rest D. rest
2. Do you know the boy _______ under the big tree?
A. layB. lain C. laying D. lying
3. You'd better ______ your bike _____ at once. It is Monday tomorrow, you know.
A. to have, mend B. have, mended
C. have, to mend D. to have, mended
4. --- Look! The lights in the classroom are still on.
--- Oh, I forgot _______.
A. turning them off
B. turn them off
C. to turn them off
D. having turned them off
5. "Can't you read?" the officer said _______ to the notice.
A. angrily pointing
B. and point angrily
C. angrily pointed
D. point angrily
6. The computer center, _______ last year, is very popular among the students in this school.
A. open B. opening C. having opened D. opened
7. The policeman warned the young man _______ after drinking.
A. never to driveB. to never drive
C. never driving D. never drive
8. --- What's the language _______ inNew Zealand?
A. speaking B. spokenC. be spokenD. to speak
9. He didn't feel like _______ out for a walk, because he had caught a cold.
A. to go B. goes C. gone D. going
10. Paul doesn't have to be made _______. He always works hard.
A. learnB. to learnC. learned D. learning
11. The house is not big enough for us all _______.
A. to live in B. to be lived inC. to live D. for living in
12. A clock is made for _______ us the time.
A. tell B. telling C. to tell D. tells
13. You'd better _______ at home all the time. It's bad for your health.
A. don't stay B. no to stayC. not stay D. not staying
14. The students are busy _______ ready for the exam now.
A. getting B. get C. got D. to get
15. The mother asked the boy _______ down the ladder, but he went on _______ instead.
A. come; climbingB. to come; to climb
C. to come; climbing D. coming; climbing
16. Isthere any time_______ to the museum?
A. going B. to goC. goes D. gone
17. The teacher asked the students to close the windows _______ the wind from _______
the papers away.
A. to stop; blowingB. stopping; blowing
C. to stop; blowD. stopped; blow
18. A bird was seen _______ into the classroom yesterday.
A. flewB. to flyC. fly D. was flying
19. We should do as much as we can _______ water.
A. for saving B. to saveC. save D. saved
20. There are many people _______ to buy cars in the modern world.
A. wantB. wantedC. wantingD. to want