more beautiful,most important
副词的比较级和最高级1．大多数以ly结尾的副词前加more 和most 来构成比较级和最高级。2．少数单音节副词，加er,est 构成其比较级和最高级 。几个特殊的形容词和副词
bad, ill, badly
as 原形 as (as 原形+名词 as )
The train travels as fast as the 3:55 train.He has not as much money as his friend.
not as(so) 原形 as (not as[so ]+名词+原形 as )
She is not as (so)beautiful as her sister.
Health is more important than wealth.
the +比较级+of the two两者中较…的一个
He is the taller of the two.
no +比较级+than 和…一样不
He is no richer than I.他和我一样不富有。
His work couldn't be worse.他的工作再糟糕不过了。
er and er，more and more+多音节词原级 (越来越…)
higher and higher more and more important
The quicker you get ready, the sooner we'll be able to leave.
Of all things in the world, people are the precious.
比较级结构的修饰语1．用于原级之前：almost, nearly, just, exactly, quite, half , twice,three times , a third,etc.John is almost as tall as you.The river is three times as long as that one.We have a third as many students as we had last term.2．用于比较级前many, a few (用于"more +可数名词"前) It takes many more hours to go there by train than by plane.a lot, much , a bit, even, a little , still, a great deal, far, rather, two years, ten percent,three times etc.It's cold this year, but it's even colder last year.We produced 6% more grain this year than we did last year.3．用于形容词和最高级前the very , much the ,by far the ,the first/secondThis hat is by far the largest in the world.Gold is the very most valuable of all materials .
高考重点要求1．掌握形容词、副词比较级、最高级的常用句型及用法2．掌握形容词、副词的原级、比较级和最高级修饰语及倍数的比较表达。3．注意多外形容词修饰同一名词的前后顺序。4．分清常用同义与近义形容词在表达中的语义差别。此项语法内容从1991年到达2001年间共出现45次（包括上海题），可见其重要。形容词作用与位置1．定语。在名词前做定语，为最常见用法。请注意多个形容词（含其它起形容词作用的词）做前置定语的顺序。"县官行令杀国才。"这一句就概述了形容词顺序问题。即：限（冠词[物主代词、指示代词]数词等）观（描绘）形（大小、形状等）龄（年龄、新旧等）色（色彩）国（国籍、出处等）材（材料、功用等）an interesting English film a heavy black Chinese silk umbrella做后置定语。修饰由不定代词no ,any, some ，every和one,thing等构成的复合词或形容词短语。2．表语。一定要注意系动词的出现情况。这是一个高考热点问题。常见系动词有：be 变化系词： become, get ,turn, grow, go保持系词： keep ,remain, stay感观系词： look, smell , taste, feel, sound,appear , seem ,prove etc.3.形容词作状语，表状况、原因、结果等。这也是应注意的一点。He went to bed , cold and hungry. 4.做宾补。N：①某些以a 开始的形容词只做表语，不做定语。afraid, alike, alone, asleep ,awake，alive②某些表身体健康状况的形容词只能做表语,不做定语well, ill faint③某些以-ly 结尾的词是形容词而不是副词。friendly, lively, lovely, lonely, likely, deadly, orderly 等。④复合形容词的形式问题。an 800-meter-wide river an English-speaking country a middle-aged man副词位置1）时间副词和地点副词一般放于句尾。如同时出现，则地点副词在前。They went boating in Zhongshan Park yesterday.2)表频率的时间副词是高考的热点always, seldom, often, never, rarely, usually 等，通常放于行为动词之前，be词、情态动词和助动词之后。He is always telling lies,so I will never believe him.3)程度副词一般放在被修饰词之前（但 enough除外）He is very young ,so he is not old enough to go to school.N:有些副词有两种形式，一个与形容词同形，一个以ly 结尾，但它们的含义是不同的。closely-close nearly-near freely-free deeply-deep highly-high widely-wide 等。以ly 结尾的词表较为抽象的含义，而与形容词同形的副词则表较为具体的概念。He is highly praised for what he has done. (高度地)He can see a bird is flying high in the sky.（飞得高，具有可见性）
1. John has three sisters. Mary is the ___ of the three. (MET88) A. most cleverest B. more clever C. cleverest D. cleverer2. The students are___ young people between the age of sixteen and twenty. (MET88) A. most B. almost C. mostly D. at most3. She told us ___story that we all forgot about the time. (MET88) A. such an interesting B. such interesting a C. so an interesting D. a so interesting4. It is impossible for so___ workers to do so work in a single day. (MET88) A. few, much B. few, many C. little, much D. little, many5. The horse is getting old and can't run ___ it did. (MET88) A. as faster as B. so fast than C. so fast as D. as fast as6. The story sounds___ . (MET89) A. to be true B. as true C. being true D. true7. I'd been expecting ___ letters the whole morning, but there weren't ___ for me. (MET89) A. some; any B. many; a few C. some; one D. a few; none8. This year they have produced ___ grain ___ they did last year. (MET89) A. as less; as B. as few; as C. less; than D. fewer; than9. After the new technique was introduced, the factory produced ___ tractors in 1988 as the year before. (MET90) A. as twice many B. as many twice C. twice as many D. twice many as10. The pianos in the other shop will be , but______ . (MET90) A. cheaper; not as better B. more cheaper; not as better C. cheaper; not as good D. more cheap; not as good11. ---Can I help you? ---Well, I'm afraid the box is___ heavy for you, but thank you all the same. (MET90) A. so B. much C. very D. too12.---Excuse me, is this Mr. Brown's office? ---I'm sorry, but Mr. Brown ___ works here. He left about three weeks ago. (MET90) A. not now B. no more C. not still D. no longer13. If we had followed his plan, we could have done the job better with ___ money and ___ people. (MET90) A. less; less B. fewer; fewer C. less; fewer D. fewer; less14. Oh, John. ___ you gave me! (MET90) A. How a pleasant surprise B. How pleasant surprise C. What a pleasant surprise D. What pleasant surprise15. ---How did you find your visit to museum? ---I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was ___ than I expected. (MET91) A. far more interesting B. even much interesting C. so more interesting D. a lot much interesting16. Canada is larger than ___ country in Asia. (NMET91) A. any B. any other C. other D. another17. Those oranges taste___ . (MET91) A. good B. well C. to be good D. to be well18. The experiment was ___ easier than we had expected. (NMET91) A. more B. much more C. much D. more much19. ___ food you've cooked! (NMET91 ) A. How a nice B. What a nice C. How nice D. What nice20. Go and get your coat. It's ___ you left it. (MET92) A. there B. where C. there where D. where there21. John was so sleepy that he could hardly keep his eyes___ . (MET92) A. open B. to be opened C. to open D. opening22. ---Are you feeling ___?---Yes, I' m fine now. (NMET92) A. any well B. any better C. quite good D. quite better23. Which is___ country, Canada or Australia? (MET92) A. a large B. larger C. a larger D. the larger24. ---Will you give this message to Mr. White, please? ---Sorry, I can't. He ___. (MET92) A. doesn't any more work here B. doesn't any longer here work C. doesn't work any more here D. doesn't work here any longer25. How can you finish the drawing? (MET92) A. often B. soon C. long D. rapid
26. ___ terrible weather we've been having these days! (MET92)
A. How a B. What a C. How D. What
27. It takes a long time to go there by train. It's___ by road. (MET93)
A. quick B. the quickest C. much quick D. quicker
28. ___ from Beijing to London! (MET93)
A. How long way it is B. What a long way is it
C. How long way is it D. What a long way it is
29. She doesn't speak___ her friends, but her written work is excellent. (MET93)
A. as well as B. as often as C. so much as D. as good as
30. ---Mum, I think I'm___ to get back to school.
---Not really, My dear. You'd better stay at home for another day or two. (NMET93)
A. so well B. so good C. well enough D. good enough
31. ---If you don't like the red coat, take the blue one.
---OK, but do you have size___ in blue? This one's a bit tight for me. (NMET93)
A. a big B. a bigger C. the big D. the bigger
32. John plays footbal___ , if not better than, Davi. (NMET94)
A. as well B. as well as C. so well D. so well as
33. We all write___ ,even when there's net much to say. (NMET94)
A. now and then B. by and by C. step by step D. more or less
34. ---Do you remember ___ he came?
---Yes I do, he came by car. (NMET94)
A. how B. when C. that D. if
35. If there were no examinations, we should have ___at school. (NMET94)
A. the happiest time B. a more happier time
C. much happiest time D. a much happier time
36. ---Have you finished your report yet?
---No, I'll finish in___ ten minutes. (NMET95)
A. another B. other C. more D. less
37. ---I'd like ___ information about the management of your hotel, please.
---Well, you could have ___ word with the manager. He might be helpful. (NMET95)
A. some; a B. an; some C. some; some D. an; a
38. If we work with a strong will, we can overcome any difficulty,___ great it is. (NMET95)
A. what B. how C. however D. whatever
39. We decided not to climb the mountains because it was raining ____. (NMET96)
A. badly B. hardly C. strongly D. heavily
40. How beautifully she sings! I have never heard ___. (NMET96)
A. the better voice B. a good voice
C. the best voice D. a better voice
41. Tony is going camping with ___ boys. (NMET93)
A. little two other B. two little other
C. two other little D. little other two
42. ---How was your recent visit to Qingdao? (NMET95)
---It was great. We visited some friends, and spent ___the days at the seaside.
A. few last sunny B. last few sunny
C. last sunny few D. few sunny last
43. Can you believe that in ___ a rich country there should be _ many poor people? (MET95)
A. such; such B. such; so C. so; so D. so; such
44. Wait till you are more___ .It's better to be sure than sorry. (NMET97)
A. inspired B. satisfied C. calm D. certain
45. Professor White has written some short stories, but he is ___ known for his plays. (NMET98)
A. the best B. more C. better D. the most
46.___ to take this adventure course will certainly learn a lot of useful skills. (NMET2000 )
A. Brave enough students B. Enough brave students
C. Students brave enough D. Students enough brave
47. It's always difficult being in a foreign country, ___ if you don't speak the language. (NMET2000 )
A. extremely B. naturally C. basically D. especially
48. I am surprised that you should have been fooled by such a (an) ___ trick. (2001 春招)
A. ordinary B. easy C. smart D. simple
49. It is generally believed that teaching is___ it is a science. (NMET2001)
A. an art much as B. much an art as
C. as an art much as D. as much an art as
50.---I'm very ___with my own cooking. It looks nice and smells delicious.
---Mm, it does have a ___smell. (2002春招)
A. pleasant; pleased B. pleased; pleased
C. pleasant; pleasant D. pleased; pleasant
51.Boris has brains. In fact ,I doubt whether anyone in the class has ___IQ.
A. a high B. a higher C. the higher D. the highest
1．C．原题中的three sisters这一信息词语暗示考生要用最高级的形式。clever的最高级有两种：the most clever，the cleverest
2．C．mostly是副词，意思是："主要地"，修饰整个句子。用most时应为most of the students；用almost通常说almost all+n.
so many/few十可数名词复数 so much/little+不可数名词
5．D．A、C项是语法错误。as…as之间不能用比较级形式。B项也是语法错误，than前没有比较级，把than变成as就对了。实际上not as…as=not more than．
6．D．sound是"听起来"的意思。它是系动词，其后接形容词做表语。类似的系动词还有look seem taste smell fell．
10．C．该题考查了考生是否掌握形容词比较级的两种形式，该句可理解为：The pianos in the other shop will be cheaper，but not as good as those in this shop.
11．D．此处可理解为the box is too heavy for you to carry．
12．D．no longer强调时间；no more强调数量和次数。
注意what的用法与sach相似，how与so相似。且give sB. a surprise是惯用法。
15．A．用来修饰比较级的副词有：a little，a bit；even still；far，by far；a lot，a great deal；much，any(用于否定、疑问)；rather．
16．A．用比较级表示最高级的意思，用than+any other+单数名词(包括主语在内)或用any+单数名词(比较范围不包括主语在内)。因加拿大不属亚洲。如，把Asia改为North America，则B正确。
17．A．taste是系动词，后接形容词做表语。B项well如果是形容词，表示"身体好"。但Things are well with me．属于特殊情况。参看6题。
21．A．当open做宾补时，一般用它的形容词，不用它的现在分词。又如：with his eyes open/closed
23．D．表示两者中"最…"的意思，用the+比较级。此句可理解Canada is the larger of the two countries.
24．D．no more与no longer变成not…any more或not…any longer时any more和any longer要置于句尾，可参看12题。
25 B．how often表示频率，与题意不符。how long句中的谓语动词应用延续性动词，是"多久"的意思。D项rapid是形容词不能修饰动词。How soon的回答词用in+时间，因此，全句的意思是："在多长时间之内(或以后)你能画完画?"且句中谓语是瞬间动词。
27．D．此处可理解为It's quicker to go by road than by train．
29．A．原题中的but与excellent两个信息词可暗示考生，且not as…as相当于not more than，因此，该句的意思是："她讲的不如朋友的好，但她的笔头好。"
30．C．well是形容词"身体好"的意思。这是It's+adj+enoush to do sth句型。该句意思是："我身体已好，可以返回学校了。"
31．B．形容词的比较级修饰可数名词的单数时，前面不要忘了加a，泛指比较…的-个。例如，This shirt is a little larger．Could you show me a smaller one?
32．B．是29题的创新。该句的意思是："如果不比David好的话，那么会跟David踢的一样好。"if not better than为插入语。
33．A．从even when there's not much to say这一信息句可知。now and then相当于sometimes，occasionally和from time to time，B项by and by=soon，C项step by step=gradually，D项more or less=about，修饰名词，但也可修饰动词，作状语。
35．D．have a good/happy time是惯用法，much修饰比较级。参看31题。
37．A．information是不可数名词。have a word with sb．相当于speak/talk to/with sb．与…谈话。
39．D．"下大雨"应说 "rain hard/heavily"．
44．D．从下文It's better to be sure than sorry．即"确信要比后悔好"可知，填入D项。A、B、C项不符合逻辑。
45．C．该题考查副词用法。四个选项均为副词的比较级或最高级，题干的两个并列分句中，已给出some short stories和his plays这一特定的语境，表示二者之间的比较需用副词的比较级。well known是一惯用词组，意为"出名的"、"众所周知的"，well的比较级为better，故答案为C。