（1）作定语：过去分词作定语时，如果这个分词是一个单词，就位于其修饰的名词之前，如果是分词短语，就位于其修饰的名词之后。被过去分词所修饰的名词，就是该分词的逻辑主语，如：The stolen car was found by the police last week.
（2）作表语：过去分词作表语时，表示其逻辑主语所处的状态，其逻辑主语就是句中的主语，如：The glass is broken.这个玻璃杯是破的。 注：过去分词作表语时，和动词的被动语态结构相似，但两者表达的意义不同，如：The glass was broken by my little brother.这个玻璃杯是被我小弟弟打破的。作表语用的过去分词在许多词典中已列为形容词，如：crowded, devoted, discouraged, done, dressed, drunk, experienced, frightened, gone, hurt, interested, killed, known, learned, lost, pleased, satisfied, shut, surprised, tired, undressed, worried, astonished, broken, completed, covered等。
（3）作宾语补足语：过去分词作宾语补足语时，句中的宾语就是其逻辑主语，如：When I opened the door, I found the ground covered by fallen leaves. 注：动词have后的复合宾语中，宾语补足语如为过去分词，常表示该分词所表示的动作是由别人来执行的而不是句中主语自己来执行的，如：I had my bike repaired yesterday. 昨天我（找别人）把我的自行车给修了。
（4）作状语：过去分词作状语时，相当于一个状语从句，该结构的逻辑主语一般都是主句的主语，是过去分词所表示意义的逻辑宾语。为了使作状语的过去分词意义更加明确，常在分词前加when, if, while, though, as等连词，如：Seen from the hill/ When seen from the hill, our town looks beautiful.; Given more time/ If given more time, we could have done it better.（we是该结构的逻辑主语，是give的逻辑宾语。）
独立主格：上述-ing和过去分词的用法中，-ing和过去分词在句中均有逻辑主语，但有时它们也能有自己的独立的主语，这种独立的主语，一般为名词或代词，位于其前之前，和-ing或过去分词构成独立主格。独立主格在句中一般只作状语用，而-ing和过去分词作用的形式，则要根据它们所表示的动作和句中谓语动词所表示的时间关系而定。至于独立主格中是使用-ing或是过去分词，则要根据它们的主语和其所表示的动作的主动被动关系而定，如：The bell ringing, we all stopped talking. 注：The work having been finished, she sat down to have a rest. ①独立结构中的being或having been常可省去，如：The meeting (being) over, all left the room. ②作伴随状语的独立结构常可用with短语来代替，如：She read the letter, tears rolling down her cheeks./ She read the letter with tears rolling down her cheeks.
（1）语态不同：-ing形式表示主动概念，及物动词的过去分词表示被动概念。an inspiring speech鼓舞人心的演说；the inspired audience受鼓舞的听众。
（2）时间关系不同：现在分词所表示的动作一般是正在进行中的动作，而过去分词所表示的动作，往往是已经完成的动作，如：The changing world正在发生的世界；the changed world已经起了变化的世界。
1. There is no question of _____ able to finish it himself.
A. Tom was B. Tom's being C. Tom's be D. Tom is
2. The new shopping center _____ now will be put into use by the end of this year.
A. built B. be built C. being built D. to be built
3. "Have you had supper?" "Not yet. The meal_____."
A. are being cookedB. is being cooked C. is cooked D. are cooked
4. "I'm glad ______ you here in the hotel.""It's my great pleasure to have you ______ us."
A. meeting, to B. to have met, with C. having met, among D. to meet, of
5. I'm afraid I can't make myself _____ in English.
A. understanding B. understand C. to be understood D. understood
6. Although in a hurry, Wilson ______.
A. couldn't stop walking B. couldn't help the stranger
C. stopped to help the stranger D. didn't answer the stranger
7. Janet is easy _____.
A. for getting along with B. by getting along with
C. to get along with D. got along with
8. Don't forget ______ the light when you leave.
A. turn off B. to turn off C. turning off D. turned off
9. The mother is very glad; her baby is beginning ______.
A. understanding what she means B. to understand that she meant
C. to understand what she means D. noticing what she means ,
10. I think this story is _____ .
A. worth being readB. worth reading C. worth to read D. worth of reading
11. This scientist is a man ______ praise.
A. worth to B. worthy to be C. worthy of D. worth
12. I don't want ______ any more trouble, you see?
A. there being B. it to be C. it being D. there to be
13. When she returned home, she found the window open and something ______.
A. stealing B. missed C. stolen D. to steal
14. Strictly _____, it isn't worth the price you are asking.
A. to speak B. speaking C. speak D. spoken
15. Time ______, they'll come here to watch us ______ football.
A. permitted, playing B. permitted, to play C. permitting, play D. permitting, to play
16. The man was seen _____ into the courtyard.
A, stealing B. stolen C. be stealing D. had stolen
17. Bob should love _____ to the party tomorrow evening.
A. taking B. to be taken C. to take D. being taken
18. Tom had no choice but _____ the classroom with his classmates.
A. to clean B. clean C. cleaning D. cleans
19. Mr. Brown said that his car needed
A. to be repaired B. being repaired C. be repairing D. to repair
20. The old man didn't know whether to sell the car or____ .
A. being kept for later use B. kept for later use
C. to keep it for later use D. to be kept it for later use
21. The noise of the desks _____ could be heard in the next classroom.
A. being opened and closed B. opened and closed
C. having been opened and closed D. to be opened and closed
22. I remember _____ someone ____ the umbrella away.
A. to see, take B. having seen, to take
C. to see, to take D. having seen, take
23. She was noticed ______ the shop.
A. to enter B. enter C. having entered D. entered
24. I couldn't help _____ when I heard the joke.
A. being laughed B. laughing C. to be laughing D. to laugh
25._____, she burst into tears.
A. Deeply moved B. Deeply moving
C. As she deeply moved D. As she was deeply moving
26. The problem requires ______.
A. studying with great care B. to study carefully
C. to be studied without carelessness D. taking great care of studying it
27. _____ carelessly, the boy made mistakes here and there. .
A. being written B. Wrote C. Write D. Writing
28. He would rather ______ his parents with their housework than _____ out to play games.
A. to help, to go B. help, go C. help, to go D. to help, go
29. The boy had his leg _____ while ____ football.
A. broken, playing B. break, play C. broken, played D. broke, was playing
30. Having finished the work,_____. A. it was almost six o'clock
B. a postman came and delivered the evening paper and some letters
C. supper had been already prepared D. we had a rest and then had supper
31. He is ill. He has kept_____.
A. coughing all along B. to cough at night
C. cough since yesterday D. being coughed day and night
32. It is no use ____ without _____.
A. to talk, doing B. taking, being done
C. talking, doing D. being talked, being to do
33. "I usually go there by boat." "Why not _____ by train for a change?"
A. try going B. to try going C. trying to go D. to try and go
34._____, she felt quite shy at the party.
A. As she a stranger B. Being a stranger
C. According to a stranger D. She like a stranger
35. Every morning he gets up early and practises ______ and then _____ to school.
A. to read English, go B. reading English, going
C. reading English, goes D. of reading English, goes
36. While _____ football on tin playground, I found 'my keys ______.
A. playing, lost , B. play, losing C. played, being lost D. having played, lost
37. ____ the same mistakes again made his parents very angry.
A. His having made B. He has made C. He had making D. Him making
38. Dick made it ______ to all his friends.
A. to know B. known C. know D. knowing
39. Anna spends one hour a day _____ spoken English.
A. practise B. to practise C. on practising D. in practising
40. No one was surprised at _____ the examination.
A. he passing B. his pass C. him pass D. his passing
41. Although swimming is his favourite sport, yet he doesn't like _____ today.
A. to swim B. swimming C. swim D. to have swim
42. She sat at the desk and set about _____ a letter to her friend.
A. to write B. writing C. write D. written
43. This soup is cold; it needs _____.
A. to heat B. to be heated C. being hot D. heated
44. I went ______a balloon but I didn't see anyone _____ balloons.
A. to buy, to sell B. to buy, selling C. buying, selling D. buying, to sell
45. Anna is often heard ______songs in her room.
A. sung B. singing C. sing D. to sing
46. The more you practise ______ English, the better your _____ English will be.
A. to speak, speaking B. speaking, spoken C. spoken, spoken D. spoken, speaking
1~5 BCBBD 6~10 CCBCB 11~15 CDCBC 16~20 ABAAC 21~25 ADABA
26~30 ADBAD 31~35 ACABC 36~40 AABDD 41~46 ABBBDB《语法复习十四 非谓语动词（三）--过去分词》由出国留学编辑精心为您学习英语准备.liuxue86.com