41. He _____ the club and _____ its activities.
A. took part in; joined B. joined; took part in
C. joined; took a part in D. took part in; took part in
42. The noble man prefers ___money to him ___sorry to him.
A. giving; to saying B. giving; to say C. give; to say D. to give; to saying
43. To gain honor for our country, we will try our best_____ the game.
A. competing in B. competing against C. to compete with D. to compete in
44. Tom was so angry with Bob that he hit _____.
A. Bob in the head B. Bob's head C. Bob on the head D. on Bob's head
45. _____ at the news that I didn't know what to say to comfort her.
A. So sad she looked B. So sad did she look C. So sadly she looked D. So sadly did she look
46. Only a fool enjoys _____ in public.
A. making fun of B. to make fun of C. being made fan of D. to be made fan of
47. Our English teacher _____ by the teachers and students.
A. is good thought of B. is thought high of C. is sung highly praise for D. is spoken highly of
48. I like ______ of the two stories, for this story is _____ than that one.
A. both; not more interesting B. neither; no more interesting
C. neither; not more interesting D. either; no more interesting
49. You'd better make a mark _____ you have any questions.
A. at which B. at where C. the place D. where
50. The stubborn boy didn't _____ so that he missed the chance.
A. take advice B. follow an advice C. give some advice D. ask for advice
51. Old as the car is, _____ it works quite well.
A. but B. yet C. so D. however
52. They were _____ inventors than pure scientists.
A. more B. less C. many D. worse
53. The teachers are doing what they _____ their stuaits.
A. can to teach B. can teach C. can teaching D. can to teaching
54. Liaocheng, Shandong Pro. is a beautiful city, ____11 pay a three-day visit.
A. which B. where C. to which D. in which
55. Don't have your children _____ for hours reading books in _____ dark a room.
A. sitting; so B. sit; such C. to be sitting; so D. to sit; such
56. I want to know _____.
A. what the matter is B. what matter it is C. what's the matter D. the matter is what
57. After so long a walk, he was too _____ further.
A. tired for walk B. tire to walk C. tiring to go D. tired to go
58. Why not trust and use David? He is still as strong as____ in the team.
A. somebody else B. everybody else C. anybody else D. nobody else
59. After the accident, she had _____ all over.
A. pains B. pain C. ache D. aches
60. I forget where I read the article, or I _____ it to you now.
A. will show B. would show C. am going to show D. am showing
41-45 BADCB 46-50 CDBDA 51-55 BAACA 56-60 CDCAB