A. the; / B. /; / C. the; the D. /; the
2. He left his native village twenty years ago and has ____ returned only twice.
A. late B. never C. since D. hardly
3. After half a year’s training, they were made entirely used _____ underwater.
A. to stay B. to staying C. staying D. stay
4. ----How was your job interview?
----Oh, couldn’t feel _____. I hardly found proper answers to most of the questions they asked.
A. better B. easier C. worse D. happier
5. He was so tired _____ a day’s work that he left all the food _____ for him ____.
A. of; prepared; touched B. with; preparing; untouched
C. with; prepared; untouched D. by; prepares; untouching
6. The task required _____ did it _____ careful and brave enough.
A. who; is B. whom; was C. whomever; were D. whoever; be
7. The time he has devoted in the past ten years _____ the disabled is now considered ______ of great value.
A. to help; being B. to helping; to be C. help; to be D. helping; being
8. Mrs. White found her husband surrounded by letters and papers and ____ very worried.
A. look B. looks C. looking D. to look
9. ----Do you remember ________ to Dr. Green during your last visit?
----Certainly I do.
A. to be introduced B. having introduced
C. being introduced D. to have been introduced
10. ---- ______ you make so much noise?
----Sorry, I’ll take care not to.
A. Must B. Can C. May D. Would
11. Why don’t you bring _____ to his attention that you are too busy to do it.
A. this B. what C. that D. it
12. These two areas are similar _____ they both have a high rainfall during this season.
A. besides that B. in that C. except that D. so that
13. ----Do you think we get there on time?
----Yes. ______ the truck doesn’t break down.
A. Even if B. Unless C. Until D. So long as
14. The next moment, ______ she had time to realize what was happening, she was hit over the head.
A. before B. when C. since D. as
15. Among the high-risk group of heart disease ______ people with a preference for fat-rich foods.
A. there are B. are C. they are D. who are
16. ----The problem wasn’t difficult for him, was it?
---- _______. He should have been given a more difficult one.
A. No, it was B. Yes, it was C. Yes, it wasn’t D. No, it wasn’t
17. ----It was careless of you _____ your clothes outside all night.
----My God! _______.
A. to leave; So did I B. leaving; So do I
C. to have left; So I did D. having left; So do I
18. Was it 8 o’clock ______ you heard someone ______ at the door?
A. when; knocking B. when; knock
C. that; knocking D. that; knock
19. Only when ____________ possible to settle the problem.
A. does the chief editor come will it be
B. the chief editor comes will it be
C. has the chief editor come it will be
D. the chief editor comes it will be
20. Americans eat ________ vegetables per person today as they did in 1910.
A. more than twice B. as twice as many
C. twice as many as D. more than twice as many
21. ___________ lessons were not difficult.
A. Our few first short English B. Our first few short English
C. Our few first English short D. Few our first English short
22. ----The weather isn’t good enough for an outing, is it?
----Not in the least. We can’t have _______ at this time of the year.
A. a worse day B. a nicer day
C. such a bad day D. so fine a day
23. ----You seemed to be deeply struck by his skill.
----Not exactly so. It was his courage ______ his skill that really struck me most.
A. rather than B. as well as C. but also D. not as
24. ----Do you play football after work?
----Yes, _______. Playing football is not my favorite sport.
A. more or less B. once in a while
C. time and again D. sooner or later
25. People try to avoid public transportation delays by using their own cars, and this _______ creates more problems.
A. after all B. once again C. in case D. in turn
26. Those football players had no strict _______ until they joined our club.
A. practice B. education C. training D. exercise
27. ----_____ football match between China and Korea was held yesterday, but I failed to get _____ ticket.
----What _____ pity!
A. The; /; a B. A; a; / C. The; the; a D. A; the; /
28. With a lot of difficult problems ________, the newly-selected president will have a hard time.
A. settled B. settling C. to settle D. being settled
29. I wish to have a friend with ______ shares my hobbies and inte《高中英语语法-高三英语单项选择题精选2之三》由留学英语组编辑整理(www.liuxue86.com)