高一英语总复习必修3 Unit 1
1.Different festivals are ________ in different parts and countries.
A . taken place B . happening C . held D . celebrating
2.The chance I had been looking forward _________ at last.
A . to came B . to come C . to coming D . to comes
3.I'm sorry I can't hear the TV clearly. Please _________.
A . turn it down B . turn it up C . turn it on D . turn it off
4.-Why don't you do some exercise? Sitting before the computer is bad for your health.
--________, but I have to finish my work on time.
A . Sorry, I won't listen to you B . I don't think so
C . Thank you for your kindness D . It's none of your business
5._______ you like to have dinner with me this evening?
A . Would B . Must C . Does D . Can
6.I'm sorry, but I didn't mean to keep you waiting here for a long time. Can you _______ me?
A . gain B .satisfy C . apologize D . forgive
7.Li Ming speaks very good English _____ he were an English boy.
A . so that B . even though C . as though D . now that
8.He _______ with the girl with golden hair and will soon get married _______ her.
A . falls in love; to B .is in love; to C . loves; with D . loves; to
9.-Must I stop eating roast pork and ice cream to lose weight?
--No, you _________. You should cut them down and have a balanced diet.
A . ought not to B . can't C . don't have to D . mustn't
10.The soldier _____ starve to death if he has nothing to eat for 4 days.
A . will B . could C . may D . might
11. As we all know, this island lies______________ the mainland.
A. away B. aside C. off D. upon
12. We have made it a rule that whoever finds that tree first can take_________ of it.
A. possession B. seize C. hold D. seat
13. Don't move any more; in my opinion, you must______________ to live a stable life.
A. sit down B. stay down C. come down D. settle down
14. To be frank, I really don't know what SOS _________________. Can you explain it?
A. stands by B. stands for C. stands up D. stands with
15. -How many teachers are Party members in your school?
-Party members___________________ one fifth of the number of the teachers in our school.
A. take up B. make up C. set up D. fix up
16. Don't you know the______ of grain brings in much foreign money to our country?
A. growth B. planting C. export D. import
17. Is this the girl_____ whom I can turn for help? Is she good at this subject?
A. to B. with C. in D. at
18. You will find this map______ great value in helping you to get around London.
A. in B. at C. of D. with
19. Was the grain _______ to that city grown in this field two years ago?
A. shipping B. shipped C. to ship D. ships
20. I really think you can't judge a man by his _______; it is very unfair.
A. cover B. face C. appearance D. head
21. As we all know, an island is a piece of land_________ by water.
A. surround B. surrounding C. surrounded D. to be surrounded
22. His mother gave me quite a few magazines, _______ is here for you to read this evening.
A. of that one B. of one which C. which one of D. of which one
23. -How many states are there in America? -As far as I know, it is made______ fifty states.
A. of B. from C. in D. up of
24. Don't you think that______________ is no use promising without doing?
A. this B. that C. it D. what
25. To tell you the truth; I really find______ unbearable to work with such a terrible man as his brother.
A. which B. it C. that D. what
26. -Thank you for your wonderful meal. -______.
A. No, it was just so-so B. The same to you C. No, that's all right D. It's my pleasure
27. -Daddy, can you buy me a new MP3 when you go to Beijing?
-You ______ get one if you are admitted to a key middle school.
A. could B. shall C. may D. can
28. -Have you heard the story of "The Merchant of Venice"?
-No. When and where does the story ______ ?
A. take up B. take on C. take place D. take off
29. -Why is Mr. Li so happy this morning?
-Because he was honoured with a(n)______ for excellence in teaching.
A. present B. gift C. award D. reward
30. -Who______ it be that is knocking at the door? -It ______ be Father, but I'm not sure.
A. can; must B. can; may C. must; can D. may; must
31. Being a teacher for many years, he has learned a ______ to remember students' names.
A. idea B. thought C. trick D. mean
32. When we were young, every evening my brother and I ______ stay at home waiting for our mother.
A. would B. might C. should D. could
33. I am looking forward to ______ your answer as soon as possible.
A. receiving B. being received C. receive D. be received
34. -Your mother becomes more and more forgetful.
-Yes. She searched for her cellphone for a whole day last Sunday but it ___ in her coat pocket the next day.
A. turned out B. turned on C. turned over D. turned up
35. Lewis was much admired ______ his work on the advanced medical research.
A. on B. in C. for D. with
36. Seeing the enemy, Gary was behaving as though nothing ______.
A. happened B. had happened C. would happen D. was happening
37. The company was named Gates Hall ______ a man named James Gates.
A. in need of B. in search of C. with the help of D. in memory of
38. He had led everyone to ______ that his family was very rich.
A. believing B. believe C. be believed D. be believing
39. When I saw Jane, I stopped and smiled, but she ____ me and walked on.
A. refused B. ignored C. missed D. dropped
40. ---Are you going to attend the meeting _____ next Saturday?
---I won't unless invited.
A. being held B. held C. will be held D. to be held
41. _____ he will visit our school or not tomorrow is still not decided yet. If he ______, David will show him around the school.
A. If; will come B. Whether; will come C. If; comes D. Whether; comes
42. _____ breaks the law will be punished.
A. who B. Whoever C. Anyone D. no matter who
43. It is common sense ______ Taiwan is part of China and there is no doubt about it.
A. which B. what C. who D. that
44. There is no doubt ____ the professor of physics will come to give us a lecture this Friday afternoon.
A. if B. whether C. that D. of which
45. George is _____ to pass all the final examinations because he is working very hard now.
A. possible B. maybe C. probable D. likely
46. Do you still remember the museum _____ we visited three months ago?
A. where B. when C. which D. what
47. _____ forever are the days when the Chinese used foreign oil.
A. Missed B. Gone C. Losing D. Disappeared
48. Frank: Where shall we meet, Mark? Mark: At the ______ place where we play football, OK?
A. ordinary B. strange C. usual D. normal
49. Bill: Whenever I come home, my pet dog is always waiting at the door.
Sam: You mean he can _______ your footsteps?
A. recognize B. realize C. know D. see
50. I think the difficulties I had when traveling to the Arctic are nothing, _______ the difficulties other people had, said the explorer at the awards ceremony.
A. compared with B. related to C. linked to D. added to
51. As soon as you ______ this drink, you will never forget it. You may find it completely different from any other drinks you have ever tried.
A. see B. taste C. smell D. feel
52. We are taught that business letters should be written in pen ______ in pencil.
A. rather than B. more than C. better than D. less than
53. I ______ my watch and was surprised to see it was nearly midnight.
A. saw B. glanced at C. noticed D. stared at
1. They came to a d_____________ village, where they found some empty houses with broken doors and windows.
2. John and James are brothers. The former is a teacher; the l_____________ is an engineer.
3. Regular exercise will help to strengthen your m_____________.
4. Now w_______________ your answer to your partner so that on one else will hear you.
5. You should learn to refuse. You don't have to a______________ whatever is offered to you.
6. Mr Li is an experienced teacher. He has a lot of good teaching m________________.
7. It is reported that the 2008 Olympic Games needs a lot of v_________________ to work for it without any pay.
8. Children are taught several rules to avoid _________________(溺水) in the river.
9. Peter was well prepared for the examination, so he entered the exam room ______________(自信地).
10. This medicine can't be __________________(误用), otherwise it will do great harm to you.
11. Many people know that the most __________________(凶猛的) shark is the great white shark.
12. We will arrive at our ____________________ (目的地) by the evening.
13. What Jack did while playing basketball didn't make audiences _____(满意).
14. Millions of people in Africa are still _____(挨饿) to death at present.
15. I don't mind _____(道歉) to others if I make a mistake.
16. We classmates visited our beloved teacher on hearing his _____(到达)in the capital city.
17. Many _____(奖) will be given to the winners in the coming music ceremony.
A shopkeeper once found that a bag money 1._______
had been stolen from his shop. He went to the 2._______
judge(法官) and tell him about his loss(损失). 3._______
The judge ordered all people of the shop 4._______
to come before him. He took a number of the 5._______
sticks of equal length(长度) or gave one stick 6._______
to each person. Then he said, "Come after me 7._______
again tomorrow. I'll then know which of you are 8._______
the thief because the stick given to a thief 9._______
will be one inch longer than the other." 10._______
-《高中英语语法-高一英语总复习必修3 Unit 1》由留学英语组编辑整理(www.liuxue86.com)