31. If you don't turn up by 8 o'clock, we'll go ______ you.
A. without B. except C. but D. besides
32. --Has Jane arrived yet? --No, she_______ an hour ago.
A. was supposed to come B. must have come
C. should come D. ought to have come
33. _______ in time, little Franz was afraid. ________ scolded.
A. Not having come…of being B. Having not come…to be
C. Having not come…of being D. Not having come…to be
34. No one but Rose and Kate _______ a fine red coat.
A. put on B. is wearing C. dresses D. have on
35. The battle lasted for a few hours and at last the enemy ________.
A. was defeated B. were beat C. were won D. defeated
36. He is not a man easy ______.
A. to deal B. to deal him C. to deal with D. to deal with him
37. Mr. Li is gaining _______. He has to do some exercises to lose _______.
A. weighty…weigh B. weight…weight C. fat…weigh D. weighty…heavy
38. The clock ________ and we realized it was five o'clock.
A. hit B. beat C. struck D. run
39. Reading without stop is a ______ piece of work.
A. tire B. tired C. tiresome D. troubled
40. He was afraid there was any wild animal around him, looking round from ________.
A. time to a time B. time to time C. a time to a time D. times to times
答案：31-40 ADABA CBCCB