21. In the past few years there_______great changes in my hometown .
A. have been B. were C. had been D. are
22. -Whose notebook is this?
-It _______be Ning's . It has her name on it.
A. need B. can't C. must D. shall
23. -Hi. I _____ you for a long time.
-I ______ in Beijing. I've just come back.
A．hadn't seen ; am B. haven't seen ; shall be
C. didn't see; will be D. haven't seen ; was
24. -Could I borrow your dictionary?
-Of course you _____.
A. can B. must C. should D. will
25．In the future，there isn't going to______ enough space to ______on the earth.
A. have ,stand in B. be，stand C．have，stand D. be; stand in
26．James with the Greens _____ the White Tower Park if it______ tomorrow.
A.are going to; isn't rainy B.are going to ;doesn't rain
C.is going to; won't rain D. is going to ; isn't rainy
27.-It looks like a television.Do you think so?
A.understand B.know C.mean D.agree
28.-Are you going to Bejing by plane?
-It's fast ,but expensive. So I am not sure. I____take a train.
A.should B.may C.must D.will
29.-I knocked into a tree when I went to the railway station for my friend.
-I suppose you _____too fast.
A. drive B.are driving C.drove D.were driving
30.-Nancy, how long does it take to fly to Canada?
-Sorry, I don't know. But I can telephone my father to ____it for you .
A.do B.check C.catch D.find
31. -Must I finish the work today, Mom?
-No, you _____. You can finish it tomorrow.
A. mustn't B. can't C. shouldn't D. needn't
32. I'll do it better if the teacher ______ me another chance.
A. give B. gives C. gave D. will give
33. When I went to say goodbye to Anna, she _______the piano.
A. is playing B. plays C. was playing D. played
34. Henry speaks Chinese very well. He ______ in China since 2002.
A. stays B. stayed C. is staying D. has stayed
35. How much does the ticket ______from Shanghai to Beijing?
A. cost B. take C. spend D. pay
36. You bought a new computer last week, _________ you?
A. aren't B. don't C. didn't D. haven't
37. There ______ a talk show on CCTV-4 at nine this evening.
A. will have B. is going to be C. is going to have D. is staying
38. The menu has so many good things! I can't decide ________.
A. what to eat B. how to eat C. where to eat D.why to eat
39. Schools ______ allow students at least one hour a day for sports.
A. would B. might C. should D. could
40. -I called you at half past nine this morning, but there was no answer.
-Oh, sorry, I ______ with my cousin in the supermarket.
A. shop B. was shopping C. shopped D. will shop