1. Lesson Three is ______ most difficult lesson but it isn't ______ most difficult lesson in Book Two.
A. a, a B. a, the
C. the, the D. the, a
2. If he ______ his address yesterday, I _______him now.
A. had told me, could have visited
B. had told me, could visit
C. hold me, could visit
D. told me, could have visited
3. —Your article is not so good.
—But I think mine is better than _______.
B. anyone else
C. anyone else’s
D. anyone’s else
4. If your mother and wife are very ill at the same time and you can only help one at a time, whom would you rather have ______ to the hospital first?
A. send B. sending
C. sent D. to be sent
5. —What do you think of the girl？
—Not only ______ hard but also _______ very charming.
A. does she work, is she
B. she works, she is
C. does she work, she is
D. she works, is she
6. —Can the students in our class compare with those in theirs？
—The students in our class study _______ but not _______.
A. harder, as clever
B. hard, clever
C. hardest, cleverest
D. harder, cleverest
7. ________ much difficulty you may meet with during the course of your study, don’t forget that I can help you out in the end.
A. Whatever B. However
C. What D. How
8. —How is she getting along with her English study?
—Sorry, I don’t know, because I _______ her as much as I used to for almost two years.
A. haven’t met
B. didn’t meet
C. am not meeting
D. don’t meet
9. —Why was _______ she put off going abroad for further education?
—Because of her baby.
A. that B. it
C. what D. it that
10. _______ alone doing his homework all day long, the little child just couldn’t help bursting into tears sadly.
A. Leaving B. Left
C. To leave D. To be left
11. —Do you know what Tom does all day？
—I know he spends at least as much time watching TV as he _______ his lessons.
A. is doing B. does
C. spends in D. does doing
12. In my opinion, she can’t be the girl ______ I am working at present.
A. whose boss
B. for whose boss
C. to whose boss
D. boss of whose
13. What a great weight the mother felt ______ her mind the moment she found her lost son!
A. turned off B. taken off
C. set off D. brought off
14. Mr Zhang gave the textbooks to all the pupils except ___ who had already taken them.
A. the ones B. ones
C. some D. the others
15. — Who can work out this problem？
A. I don’t like
B. I hate
C. Let me have a try
D. It doesn’t matter
Last summer, I traveled to Meixian County with my friends. It is a small county at the foot of Taibai Mountain in Shanxi Province. We stayed there for one week and I 16 my vacation because of the beautiful scenery at the top of the mountain.
I will 17 forget the day when we climbed the main peak (山顶). The 18 in that area changes very quickly: it was sunny in the early morning when we set out, 19 it began to rain heavily when we were only halfway up.
Soon, we were all 20 and some of us wanted to go home. They said：“There is nothing 21 here. We came to see the scenery, 22 the pouring rain!”However, the guide 23 ：“Since we have got wet already, why not just go on with our journey?”
So we carried on up the mountain and, 24 we even noticed, the rain stopped and the sun was smiling again. When we reached the top of the peak, the view was unique. The sky was 25 and the air fresh. The gentle wind made us feel cool. All the clouds were just like waves in the ocean, 26 and falling under our feet. We could only see the peaks of mountains, as if they were 27 floating sparsely (稀疏的) in the ocean. It was a really magical experience.
While we were enjoying the scene, the guide said 28 ,”You see, I knew that there would be no rain above the clouds.”
It is 29 . While it may rain below the clouds, the sun is still there above them.
You will never see the sun 30 you don’t try your best to climb to the top of the mountain. If we had stopped and gone home when the rain was very heavy, we would never have seen the beautiful scenery《高中英语语法-高三英语入学训练试题题之一》由留学liuxue86.com编辑整理