1. — It took me ten years to build up my business, and it almost killed me.
— Well, you know what they say. ________.(江苏2006)
A. There is no smoke without fire
B. Practice makes perfect
C. All roads lead to Rome
D. No pains, no gains
2. — How did you find your visit to Qingdao, Joanna?
— ________.(山东2006 )
A. Oh, wonderful indeed
B. I went there alone
C. First by train and then by ship
D. A guide showed me the way
1. D。根据一方所陈述的：花了我十年时间成就事业，费了不少劲。另一方则表达了观点：不劳无获（No pains, no gains）。
1. — Andrew won’t like it, you know.
— ________? I don’t care what Andrew thinks!（广东2006）
A. So what
B. So where
C. So why
D. So how
2. — What do you want to do next? We have half an hour until the basketball game.
— ________. Whatever you want to do is fine with me. （浙江2004）
A. It just depends
B. It’s up to you
C. All right
D. Glad to hear that
3. — What do you think of living in the country, David?
A. Yes, perfectly
B. I agree with you
C. Not really
D. Well, that depends
Key: 1-3 ABD